You’ve dreamed about becoming a real estate investor for a while now and you’re finally ready to begin turning your thoughts into reality. But other than buying your own home, you’ve never actually purchased investment property before and you have no idea where to begin.
If this sounds even remotely like your story, you need to take a moment to consider investing in a reputable real estate coach. You need someone teaching you the tricks of the trade and the ins and outs of the business while guiding you in the right direction so you avoid making serious mistakes while losing big money in the process.
Remember, real estate is a huge investment and you could end up losing six figures or more if you fail. You could also ruin your credit, be forced to file bankruptcy, and feel bad because you cannot meet your financial obligations.
Don’t go down the path of the weary and unwise. Instead, you should find the right real estate investing coach to help you get started so you can finally become financially free. We’ll share our best information to help you find a reputable and upstanding coach to hire when the time is right.
Do You Know Your Real Estate Investing Niche?
It’s going to be nearly impossible to find the right coach if you aren’t sure of the real estate niche you plan to invest in. So you have to begin your quest to become an investor by analyzing your options first. Some areas to get involved in include flipping houses, renting property, buying commercial property, tax liens, probate properties, leaseback, and investing in mobile homes. This is a good representation but not all of the potential areas to invest in.
Oh, you thought this was going to be easy. You thought you knew everything there was to know about real estate already. Sorry, but if you truly want to be informed and really know all of your options, you have to do a little reading and research. So, head to your favourite bookstore or the local library to start discovering your investing options.
We want you fully prepared and knowledgeable about real estate investing before you even begin looking for a new coach. Otherwise, you could end up paying someone to teach you an aspect of real estate that might not be the best fit. To avoid this, you need to read as many books and watch as many YouTube videos as you can to understand all aspects of this business. Only then can you determine the best type of investing coach to help you get your new venture off the ground.
But now that you’ve discovered your niche, it’s time to learn more about choosing the right coach to meet your needs.
4 Things to Consider When Choosing a Reputable Coach to Teach You Real Estate Investing
- Learn real estate investing as a side hustle – you may hate to hear this right now but this is a hard truth you should learn from the get-go. The best way to learn the ins and outs of investing in your niche in real estate is to do it on the side while you continue to work on your regular day job. This ensures that you’ll continue to have money to pay your bills as you grow your investments. Eventually, you’ll have gotten so good at what you do through coaching that you’ll be able to transition into this biz full-time. But for now, take it slow and keep your day job so you don’t end up struggling to make ends meet as you figure this real estate thing out.
- Learn from a coach who teaches from experience – there’s nothing worse than paying a coach thousands of dollars to teach you real estate investing theory. This person has absolutely no idea what it’s like to invest in the real world and it will show in their training. You want to learn from someone who has already been there and done that. It’s the only way you should shell out your hard-earned money for this type of training. So make damn sure that your real estate coach lives and breathes the information that they teach. Make sure they make the bulk of their money the same way they intend to teach you how to make money in real estate. Anything else is gambling and we’d rather see you avoid making a sucker’s bet.
- Learn from a tried and true real estate investing expert – this basically goes hand in hand with learning from a teacher with experience. And in all honesty, taking time to research potential coaches and learning whether or not they are an expert will prove that they actually walk their talk. So look for an investing coach with tons of content on the web in various forms. Make sure they have videos, podcasts, expert articles and interviews, and lots of other information on their topic of choice. If none of this exists, you’re probably dealing with a theorist and as we’ve mentioned, that’s the kind of teacher you’d be better off avoiding.
- Learn from a coach that loves teaching – you’ll know right away if your potential real estate investing coach loves to teach. You’ll be able to tell by the content they share, the videos they post online, and testimonials from previous customers. Use this to determine if your coach has a love of teaching because their love will go a long way in taking you to the Promised Land.
A Few Questions to Qualify Your New Coach
- Have you been a real estate coach for a while? In theory, they do not have to be a veteran coach to help you. But you’re better off finding one with credentials and experience under their belt.
- How many students do you coach at one time? Avoid large coaching groups because you will not get personalized attention. Find a coach that only works with small numbers of students at one time.
- What types of classes do you teach? Not only do you want personalized attention, but it’s also good to attend workshops and in-person classes with other students. You’ll make great connections with other like-minded investors and who knows, you may even create friendships that’ll last a lifetime.