Online bank accounts
Online bank accounts are increasingly popular as they allow account holders to manage their finances from home, from their laptop or even on the move by utilising mobile technology.
Online bank accounts allow you to make payments, set up direct debits, transfer funds from one account to another and order up-to-date statements.
As online banking increases in popularity the competition between account providers has become increasingly fierce providing consumers with a wider range of competitive products.
As the online banking sector has grown so have concerns about internet security and online fraud but online bank account providers have improved their security measures to protect customers.
- RBS and Lloyds urged to rethink policy on basic bank accounts
- Which? asks why bank accounts can't be portable like mobiles
- Halifax launch cashback offer on current accounts
- FSA publishes new rules on insurance in packaged bank accounts
- Triodos ethical bank launches online ISA at 2.5%
- Morrisons to open 300 convenience stores and online service
- Skipton BS launch online 7-year savings bond paying 3.50%
- Five bank accounts that provide a return against inflation
- Online bank accounts turn 10
- Packaged bank accounts: Could they be the new PPI scandal?