Investment trusts invest shareholders money in different enterprises that provide long term growth and also short term dividend receipts. If you choose to invest in an investment trust you will be benefiting from exposure to hundreds of different stocks.
There is a wide range of investment trusts that you can choose from that invest in a wide range of companies. Some focus on areas of higher risk, others on longer term growth whilst other investment trusts focus on low risk areas of investment that give a steady income through dividend payments.
As with all areas of investment it pays to research carefully, check the terms and conditions of the particular investment trust you are considering investing in and taking advice from an independent financial advisor if necessary.
- Oil and gas investment hits all-time record of £13.5 billion this year
- F&C, Henderson and Baillie Gifford promote investment trusts
- Barclays profit slump tempered by investment bank performance
- A-Day for investment trusts?
- ISA season 2013: The best investment ISA options
- Reits – property investment trusts arrive
- What markets will provide investment winners for 2013?
- Osborne told to "stop talking and start acting" on investment
- Investment trusts up 13 per cent
- ITEM Club warns business investment key to economic growth