Tax free investments
There are a variety of tax free investments available in the UK that come free of income or capital gains tax. These include cash ISA’s and stocks and shares ISA’s, tax free investment schemes and offshore investment trusts available in favourable tax destinations.
It pays to check the terms and conditions of any tax free investment carefully because the tax free status can be nullified or financial penalties imposed if you withdraw funds before maturity or before the minimum period of investment is completed.
- Santander tempts students with free young persons railcard
- Skipton offers lower fees and free valuations in updated mortgage range
- Halifax launch 27-month interest-free balance transfer card
- Nationwide raises free balance transfer credit card period
- Civil servants get tax breaks paid for by taxpayers
- Take a virtual tour of the Bank of England with new free app
- Halifax student account offers £3,000 interest-free overdraft
- Investors encouraged to make use of tax-free savings
- Ofcom to clarify call charges to "free" numbers
- Vodafone use tax breaks to pay no UK corporation tax