Antony Jenkins, CEO of Barclays, has announced that he expects it could be up to ten years before public trust is be restored in the bank.
For the first time since it was founded in 1694, the Bank of England is to use a material other than paper to print bank notes when it switches to polymer from 2016.
The latest minutes from the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee show the policy makers voted unanimously to keep base rate at 0.50% and QE at £375 billion.
Our latest feature gives a rundown of the top 20 fixed rate cash ISA deals available ahead of the ISA deadline. Invest up to £5,640 tax-free.
With the ISA deadline fast approaching if you took out an ISA with a bonus rate last year you need to switch to a better deal to make the most of your savings.
Virgin Money is planning to enter the UK current account market in 2014 and hopes to cement its position as a leading player in UK financial services.
Nathan Bostock, the Finance Director of the Royal bank of Scotland has quit the role after just 10 weeks in the job to move to rival bank Santander.
The Office for Budget Responsibility will upgrade GDP growth forecasts and downgrade government borrowing estimates when George Osborne presents his Autumn Statement tomorrow.
The new 7-day switching guarantee was introduced yesterday and should lead to millions more people switching current accounts, but what are the best options?
- Alliance & Leicester current accounts
- Alliance & Leicester savings accounts
- Barclays current accounts
- Britannia Building Society savings accounts
- Cahoot current accounts
- Chelsea Building Society savings accounts
- Citibank current accounts
- Clydesdale Bank savings accounts
- Clydesdale current accounts
- Co-operative Bank current accounts
- Egg current accounts
- Family Investments savings accounts
- First Direct current accounts
- Halifax current accounts
- Halifax savings accounts
- HSBC current accounts
- HSBC savings accounts
- Intelligent Finance current accounts
- Leeds Building Society savings accounts
- Lloyds TSB current accounts
- Lloyds TSB savings accounts
- National Savings and Investments (NS&I) savings accounts
- Nationwide current accounts
- Nationwide savings accounts
- NatWest current accounts
- NatWest savings accounts
- Northern Rock current accounts
- Post Office savings accounts
- Royal Bank of Scotland current accounts
- Sainsbury’s Bank savings accounts
- Santander current accounts
- Santander savings accounts
- Skipton Building Society savings accounts
- Smile current accounts
- Tesco savings accounts
- The Children’s Mutual
- Are CTF holders worse off than those with JISAs?
- Top 3 ways to contribute to your child's savings account
- Fixed-rate vs instant-access savings: are you losing out?
- Are Brits saving enough?
- Are more people turning to offshore savings as pension confidence dips?
- Saving money online
- Make great savings
- How to choose a savings account
- Seeking out the best savings accounts