Online shopping is becoming more popular and retail sales figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) over the last few years show that as a percentage of total consumer sales this is rising and almost certainly will continue to do so.
Many items are cheaper when bought online and it seems consumers fears over buying items without seeing or touching them is receding as familiarity grows.
However, there are disreputable websites so it is a good idea to check and look for reviews before you use a site for the first time. Security concerns over online or internet shopping are also not without foundation though banks and sales outlets security systems are becoming increasingly sophisticated.
- Rural broadband problems make online shopping a postcode lottery
- Morrisons switches focus to online and convenience stores
- Morrisons to open 300 convenience stores and online service
- Visa online shopping card launched
- Skipton BS launch online 7-year savings bond paying 3.50%
- Online sales deliver success for Sainsbury's
- Save £13bn by shopping online
- Post Office launches online savings bonds paying up to 2.17%
- Co-op cuts online pet insurance by 25% for the summer
- Rates and rents as well as rise of online damaging high street