Offshore investments can offer a wider variety of investment opportunities and products because of less regulation of financial markets in areas where offshore investments are available.
One drawback can be that the lack of regulation can lead to an increased risk. However the tax-free nature of these investment environments can lead to sizeable gains in the value of your offshore investment fund.
There are a huge variety of offshore funds available to invest in and it is sensible to get the help of an expert independent financial advisor to help decide which type of offshore investment is most suitable. Offshore investment bonds are another option and are securities that are administered outside of the UK by foreign governments, companies or other financial institutions.
- Don’t let Libor emotion sway investments, says Schroder’s Murphy
- Taxman warning to offshore savers
- Legal & General Investments cuts Initial Service Charge
- Skipton offers offshore bond
- Nationwide: 2.7% on offshore account
- Nationwide boosts offshore account rate
- Nationwide: 3.05% offshore account
- Alternative investments can provide a real buzz as well as profit
- Axa boosts offshore investment choice
- Alternative investments: What are the best options?