An investment ISA is sometimes known as a stocks and shares ISA. It allows you to invest your money in a tax-free investment vehicle.
You can invest up to £10,680 per year or £5,340 if you also invest £5,340 in a cash ISA.
You can invest in an investment ISA that provides you with a regular future income or one that focuses on longer term capital growth or even one that focuses on a mix of the two. You can only open up one stocks and shares ISA each tax year.
To get the best return from an investment ISA you should treat the investment as one to hold over the medium to long term. The value of an investment ISA can go down as well as up. Investment ISA’s are free from capital gains tax as well as income tax.
- Junior ISAs score higher returns than CTFs on 1st anniversary
- Leeds BS launch ISAs that offer access to top savings account
- ISA Season 2013: The top ten instant-access cash ISAs
- Welby embarrassed by Church's indirect Wonga investment
- EEF upgrades economic forecast but urges more investment
- CTF balances may be allowed to be transferred to Junior ISAs
- Skipton's fixed rate savings bonds and cash ISAs pay up to 3.0%
- Investment ISAs still popular
- Unit Trusts vs Investment Trusts – What are the options?
- Virgin Money launch new fixed rate cash Isas and savings bonds