Heating cover provides insurance against the cost of repairing or replacing your boiler.
Heating cover can be seen as a precautionary measure that can not only ensure you don't have to go without heating or hot water in the cold winter months should your heating system break down but also potentially save you a great deal of money in the long run.
Repairing the common boiler problem can set you back up to £500. Include call out charges for repairing or replacing your central heating and you're looking at a significant cost.
Heating cover works much like any other insurance product and cover a range of services including the heating system itself, boilers, radiators, thermostats. They also offer peace of mind by providing yearly services or inspections of your central heating system so you're always protected.
They cover the call out charges, labour and any parts needed for repairs. Heating cover plans will vary with some providing unlimited cover no matter what situation arises whilst others cover your heating for a certain fixed upper limit per year or number of callouts.
- Anger as taxpayers likely to cover RBS £500m Libor fine
- A guide to driving abroad, insurance and breakdown cover
- LV= revamps critical illness cover
- Sainsbury’s offers breakdown cover with car insurance
- 11 great credit cards that cover all types of spending
- Boiler insurance cover: Is it worth having?
- AA: Texting motorists risk insurance hike and loss of cover
- Brits dip into savings to cover Christmas costs
- Tesco boosts home insurance cover for Christmas
- Accident cover against uninsured drivers varies with providers