The digital switchover is fast approaching and soon everyone will be watching TV through a digital signal. Digital TV provides viewers with higher quality signal, increased interactivity and a far greater choice of channels.
Switching to digital TV need not come at a cost however with many digital TV providers providing free-to-view services which require no monthly subscription and no contract tie-ins, allowing you to enjoy enhanced TV viewing at no extra cost, including some HD channels if you have a HD TV.
These include FreeView as well as several other free-to-view options from household digital TV providers like Sky, Virgin Media and BT Vision and they offer a huge choice of TV channels and programmes from more than 40 digital terrestrial channels through Freeview to 200 plus channels with some other digital TV services.
If you really want to enjoy endless quality programming then there is a wide range of subscription based packages available from the cheaper basic package to more expensive tailored packages for sport, movies, entertainment and more.
Most digital TV providers offer much more than just TV services. As the broadband, home phone and digital TV market continues to expand rapidly the more fantastic bundled packages there are available.
Not only can you save money through the discount incentive schemes on offer with these packages, but it also makes your monthly bills much more manageable. However, it is important that you sign up to services you will really use and not waste cash on idle extras and take advantage of bonus deals and special offers but re-negotiate and switch providers if necessary.
- Lord Sugar’s YouView TV and Samba’s free broadband unveiled
- Self assessment confusion as TV ads and website stick to old deadline
- Leaving TV on 'biggest waste of energy in the home'
- How to reduce your TV/Telephone/Broadband costs
- Can I insure my digital camera?
- Mortgage advice: Live web TV show
- Help with insurance problems – live Web TV show
- Free financial support for parents – Live web TV
- Help with loans and mortgages: Live advice web TV
- Finding finance for your business – Live Web TV