Can I insure my digital camera?

Wednesday, 27 August 2008 12:00

A reader from London wants to know if he can get specialist insurance for his digital camera.

Ian Durrell, insurance expert from the Only Group, which includes, tackles the issue.

Reeth asks:

Can I insure my personal digital camera against lost, theft, and accidental damage?

Ian replies:

Your contents insurance policy should cover a digital camera in the home and away from the home, but check if it is a very expensive model as it may have to be a specified item.

Specialist camera insurance polices do exist, but these tend to be the preserve of professionals and amateurs with a lot of kit in their camera bag.

If you have a question for Ian, go to the Ask the Insurance Expert section.

Only Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Comments Bubble Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Twitter: My Finances

Join the conversation at #news_myfinances

Newsletter sign up


In addition to the weekly newsletter, which areas of finance would you like to hear from us about:

Tick this box if you would like us to send you promotions from carefully selected third parties.

By signing-up you agree to the terms of use and privacy policy.

sign-up button

Get the latest information on: