A broadband internet connection allows users to watch videos and listen to music in real time, download music, films, software and play games online. There are loads of fantastic broadband deals with different prices, connection speeds, length of contracts, terms and conditions, and a variety of extra add-ons.
There are many providers of a broadband service and finding the best deal can be complicated and time consuming. Watch out for bonus deals. There are many that are enticing but ask how long the contract is and what price will you pay at the end of the bonus period and for how long before you decide.
Comparing the broadband market is not easy – some providers are specialist broadband-only providers offering excellent customer service dedicated to bringing you the fastest internet connection around. Most major broadband providers offer cheap bundled packages that combine broadband with digital TV or phone or all three.
- Students need to be savvy to get the right broadband deal
- Plusnet charges £16 for a year’s broadband and phone bundle
- Business broadband
- Broadband bundles
- Mobile broadband v fixed broadband
- Lord Sugar’s YouView TV and Samba’s free broadband unveiled
- Britain's slowest streets for broadband revealed
- Average broadband speeds up by 22%, says Ofcom
- Britons 'blowing' £2.7bn a year on broadband
- Broadband users unhappy with ISPs